Welcome to the Bandong Ryok Taekwondo
- Learn self defence
- Increase confidence
- Improve fitness and stamina
Taekwondo is suitable for all ages which makes it ideal as a family activity. We actively promote family involvement, so come along and join us.
Taekwondo was developed by Major General Choi Hong Hi (9th Dan) for the Korean armed forces.
Several martial arts went in to the development of Taekwondo and it was founded in the mid 1950s, so in the martial arts fraternity it is a very young martial art, however it has roots dating back over 1200 years.
Taekwondo was introduced into Europe and USA in the early sixties, and has forged its way into the martial arts mainstream, today it is one of the fastest growing martial art in the world.
The 5 tenets of taekwondo
There are 5 tenets of Taekwondo, these are as relevant to your personal life as they are to Taekwondo and can be drawn upon by young and old alike. They are;
- Courtesy:- To always be polite.
- Integrity:- Always telling the truth.
- Perseverance:- Never give up.
- Self Control:- Never lose your temper.
- Indomitable Spirit:- Overcome all obstacles in the way of your chosen path.
For a two week free trial Call us on 07834 169020 or